Monday, October 19, 2009

Referencing discovery ^^

As you guys know, my project scenes are huge, because of the great number of polygons, milions of cubes, references and particles. As I was setting up the files for the renderfarm, I was fixing the links for the referenced scenes ( deleting everything that comes before "scene" - that crazy path full of /mydocuments, //user, C: and similar codes) so they could keep working on any other machine. Well in some scene, Maya would simply crash, as many times as I tried, as soon as I would change the path. Well, The file needed to be changed somehow.... so I tried to open the .ma file on text edit to see if I could find where the linked files were on the code. I could find them right on the beginning of the document, I've changed them on text edit and ta-daaaaaa! It worked!!! =D much faster and much lighter than doing it on Maya ;)


  1. cool to know! (post more work too, i still want to see)

  2. GZZZZ!!! No tem nada que vc nao dobre! Super amor!!!! heheh muitas saudades bjos!