Sunday, August 23, 2009

falling rubber cubes

I was having soooo many problems to simulate these falling rubber cubes with maya and nCloth that I decided to try the same in C4D, as it's faster and lighter for so many things.
It kinda worked but it was so much more complicated and nonsense for setting up the dynamics, and the simulation was soooo much more heavy that I decided to go back to Maya. The difference is that C4D gave me the idea that I
needed to make things work on Maya. Here are the tests!

Result: faster and better result in Maya, but only if you use the right geometry! Here's why it was taking me so long to calculate nCloth:

"fake" subdivision works better than high poly objs. Good to know ;)

1 comment: